Podcast hosted by Pacey Performance
JB Morin is a world renowned sports scientist, professor, researcher and consultant to many high performance environments. He is a profound researcher and has made a significant contribution to sports science, both scientifically and practically.
In this episode you will learn about:
- Who is JB Morin (education, background and current role)
- Current research interests
- What makes someone fast
- Role of horizontal force production in acceleration
- How does this differ to maximal speed
- Based on this, what should the training focus be when looking at acceleration vs max speed
- Training application for sprinters
- Future research
Links mentioned in this episode –
- Assessing Stride Variables and Vertical Stiffness with GPS-Embedded Accelerometers: Preliminary Insights for the Monitoring of Neuromuscular Fatigue on the Field – Buchheit, Gray and Morin (2015)
- My Jump App
Keep up to date with everything that is going on with the podcast by following me on Twitter @paceyperform or visiting the links below.
JB can be found on Twitter @JB_morin